Growing Up Hertz

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Impatient

I think one of my biggest problems is impatience. I'm so impatient to learn everything I can, I'm impatient to move back down to Southern California, I'm impatient to start doing stuff, yet... I get so easily distracted that it takes everything 3 times longer than it should.

Like... my camera... I should just be reading and playing with it as much as I can because I want to be more knowledgeable in photography, but I get so caught up looking at other people's pretty pictures (granted, that's how I learn composition), that I totally screw off playing with my camera and learning.

I want my house clean... but I'm so impatient about it, like I don't work fast enough for myself. I get distracted doing stuff like... oh! An empty frame, I'll go and edit and print a photo and fill it and put it away. Now it looks lonely, it needs more... and then where I'm supposed to be cleaning the house... I'm suddenly swept up in this picture printing and matting and framing project that looks freakin' great when it's done, but holy crap, there's still spaghetti in the carpet.

Sorry... this is just me going on some weird tangent. I want so much to move back down near my friends and start a business and be... well, settled... it's this in between part that just KILLS me. 

I hate being so impatient.

And I wish I was a faster learner... or no...

I wish I were more disciplined. Yep. That's totally freakin' it.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

be careful what you wish for...God will put you in situations where you can either choose to be disciplined or not....and it's the or not that will kill you every time :-). Hang in there, I felt like I was hanging the 4 years out of college until Masquer Ministries came up and here I am actually using my degree and my skills in a most amazing environment. I love it and I know it's where I'm supposed to be. You're working on where you're going, you are just not there yet, and that is by far the hardest part.

Sara said...

stupid fecking computer....that was me who commented, not Ryan...

Post a Comment