Growing Up Hertz

Monday, September 15, 2008

Muir Woods

Yesterday we went just north of SF and visited Muir Woods. I don't think I've ever seen so many redwoods before, so it was really neat. As most of you know, I loathe being outdoors, so this was the perfect forest for me to visit... it had paved paths.  hahhahaha

There wasn't any pooping incidents (thankfully), but Phin did have a complete meltdown. It's so nerve rattling when your child won't stop crying his head off. I ended up putting him in my moby wrap for awhile, then he slept in the stroller, and then he woke up too fussy again and Daddy ended up bjorning him for the walk back. We pretty much walked 3 or 4 miles... so I'm pretty sore today (I'm absolutely not used to any kind of physical activity, so it was good for me, but, ughhh)

Here are some pics of our trip:

Random cute chick I tried to catch
My first trip on the Golden Gate Bridge
and showin' off my photog skillz on this pic
Yorick being cute in the backseat




Fallen tree





I couldn't believe how dark it was under the canopy



Yorick loved this branch so much

silly daddy
Yorick kept trying to tickle people's butts with the branch
As usual, thanks for lookin', boobs.
Peace.

7 comments:

._. said...

why did I just delete my comment.. sheesh..


anywaz.. I SAID..

It looks so pretty.. I haven't been to cali since I was 18-19.. I was so fascinated by the bridge HAHA.. I'm such a dork.. but yeh. .. uhm, I lost my train of thought here. Those are really lovely pics :) Next time I go out there.. I am going to all the places you blog about, except that deep fried twinkie place, that was just gross LOL.

La

Cassandra said...

Wow that is so awesome I would love to see the redwoods! Those photos are SOOOO adorable. I am Lovin your blog. . . too cool! TFS

Chels said...

Great Pics! I like the first one!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

very cool trees. We don't get anything that big around here.

Jennifer said...

Awesome pics! I'd love to visit Cali... it's on my to do list of places to see!

Krystal Hartley said...

Love the photos. I can't really stand to be outdoors...I mean...if you got rid of the dirt, bugs, humidity and allergies, it might be okay.

Love the butt tickling. :)

I'm nerd-ish. Not enough to go to trekkie conventions or anything, but I enjoy a decent series. I'm so not into the horror stuff at all. at all. I do play World of Warcraft though. My husband thinks it's sexy.

Shoshana said...

Redwoods! Yay! Do you want to go backpacking with me the next time I go? =)

Post a Comment