Growing Up Hertz

Monday, April 7, 2008

No More Snail Mail Submissions?



So there's a site called Creative Byline that seems like it could be worth any of my writer friends while. It seems it is trying to hook up publishers with writers via online submissions (which they charge you for)... now while this sounds like an awesome idea... spending money on stamps versus the $19 submission fee they charge just to get the same Form Rejection Letter, might sting a bit more.

For all of those of you who knew me during my, "I'm going to sell my book!" phase... you know that I started collecting those various rejection letters, and while, yes, waiting for months and months just to get those letters hurts you in ways only writers know... it's still not $19 a pop. I might be wrong, it might be just $19 for your manuscript and they'll send it to your list of potential editors, which might be worth my while... but if it's individually... forget it... we're not called starving artists for nothing.

Anyways, please, if you write... and I'm hoping maybe one of my writer ex-boyfriends is stalking me just for this post alone, use it and let me know... I have given up all hope on publishing... it seems writing is easy, selling is not.

But... more to the point, what a frakkin' awesome idea... IF they can pull the publishers over to the digital side. They're a pretty stodgy lot, them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment