Growing Up Hertz

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yorick's New Doctor

I love love love-ity love Yorick's new doctor. She's really rad, she doesn't care one whit that Yorick still sleeps in our bed, and she agreed to let us set our own immunization schedule, since Yorick isn't in daycare. She's going to split up his MMR, he'll get his measles part of it when he's 2, and the mumps/rubella part when he starts kindergarten!! Does she rawk or what???

He got a Prevnar shot yesterday and let out a blast of disagreement until he noticed the nifty new Snoopy bandaid attached to his thigh, then the shot was forgotten.

Today we were supposed to be cleaning the house when I decided to put the scarf from Josh's shinai on Yorick's head... this completely tickled Josh and he ran to get his shinai for a photo op.

Our little shodan:



And then after lunch today (it was messy which is why he's naked), I put him down for a nap in our bed, unaware of the trap he would lay for me. I laid down next to him until he fell asleep, but he fell asleep holding onto my necklace! He couldn't outdo the master, though, and I took it off, leaving him holding it while he slept.

I couldn't resist:



As an addendum, there was a hit and run outside my apartment just minutes ago! Somebody slammed into the back of some girl's car, and took off, apparently. (I was peeking through the window blinds, as I inherited legitimately from my grandmother.)

And THIS is how much I've changed, people!! I actually contemplated going down and seeing if she was okay and taking her some water or something.

But then I thought, "Nah, I'm still in my jim-jams."

So... not that much, you still have your Bryn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment