Growing Up Hertz

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Waiting For A Preemie...

I don't think anything can prepare you for the knowledge that... no matter how hard you try, you're not going to be able to carry your baby to term.

I've been to the hospital twice in the last week, once for two nights and once for one. They think if I make it to 34 weeks, we'll be doing awesome, their description, not mine. =(

34 weeks is far from awesome. In fact, you can't even catch a bus to Awesome from there.

I'm on bedrest now, I mean, serious, in your face, just shower and go to the bathroom bedrest. How do I explain that to Yorick? I feel like a failure.

The house is a mess, poor Josh... and I'm an anxious wreck, though I do a pretty good job of hiding it. I mostly sit here and scrap, because it gives my brain something to do besides think about not bleeding.

I'm going back to being a Professional Scrapbook Designer, but I am going to be at least doubling my prices. I can't think about what I would pay for my work, I have to think about what I'm worth, and what other people will pay me for it. The nurses at the hospital were gobsmacked when they saw my work and were asking me for business cards... so, I'll be more than happy to oblige upon my next visit.

I feel like I'm going a little crazy, of course. I'm sure Josh does, too. He's been staying home and working and I can't tell you how much it helps us keep Phin cooking a little longer, but I can't help but worry for the security of this job that he really loves. He now sees things a little differently, from the "with Yorick 24/7" front, which... I'm a little glad about. At least now he knows where I've been the past year and a half.

Yorick is good, but he's whining and demanding like most toddlers. He still isn't speaking, but I refuse to freak out over it. He'll talk when he has something to say.

A bunch of you have asked if you can get me anything to help me pass the times, books or whatnot... I have a Kaboodle list you can check out... it's 99% Scrapbook gift certificates, just because I've become a junkie, and that's really all I do... if I tried to read from here, I'd just go nuts.
I'll also add that Kaboodle link to my links list for future reference, too.

Anyways, here are a few of my recent pages that I thought I'd show off... and I apologize for not posting for so long... I promise, I'm back.









0 comments:

Post a Comment